Quality Engineers are responsible for working with multiple functions, across various life cycle phases driving business improvement activities whilst ensuring system and functional requirements are met. They gain skills and knowledge in areas such as Quality performance management, tools and techniques, validation and verification, non-conformance management and change management.
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
A Quality Engineer will undertake a broad range of tasks that allow them to develop knowledge of the business, lifecycle phases, supply chain, product and customers as well as an understanding of the multi-disciplinary inputs.
The role will be in a range of environments, facing different types of pressures and customers. Tasks involved could include:
- Quality assurance and control activities
- Managing and performing internal product, process and system audits
- Supporting third party, customer, supplier and regulatory approval visits
- Performing first article verifications and factory acceptance tests relating to new and updated equipment
- Providing product certification and release documentation
- Managing quality issues through investigation, root cause analysis, corrective action and verification with the customer, internally or within the supply chain
- Managing system deployment and maintenance including policy, process and performance management
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
What we have on offer for you
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
What we are looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to have obtained, or be predicted to obtain, a 2:2 in your bachelor’s or master’s degree.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Working with us
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 September 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment