As a Safety (Control Damage Hazards) Engineer you’ll provide support to the senior and principal engineers and/or external specialists during development of the Whole Boat or Site Safety Case. You will be involved in analysis and production of technical reports supporting team deliverables.
The core duties may include but are not limited to:
- Shall support production of technical reports and relevant Safety Case documentation.
- Shall update existing technical reports (as deemed appropriate by the team lead).
- Shall support various analysis activities.
- If appropriate, shall support the identification of systems at threat from system-to-system induced hazards, and subsequent analysis and engagement with stakeholders to eliminate or minimise the impact.
- Shall review engineering documentation in support of analysis as required.
- If appropriate, support the development of CFD simulation methodologies and workflows
- If appropriate, support the review process for selection of CFD software.
- If appropriate, support the development and implementation of simulation data management (SDM) capability to implement a quality management system for CFD.
- If appropriate, support the development of in house software tools for improving the efficiency of the CFD simulation process.
- If appropriate, identify opportunities for continual improvement of the CFD team.
- If appropriate, support the preparation of CFD related training material.
- If appropriate, support the transfer and capture of knowledge within the CFD team.
- Shall organise and support workshops, desktop studies, walkdowns etc as required to support deliverables.
- Shall provide secretarial and administrative support to the appropriate Working Groups.
What we have on offer for you
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our graduate scheme will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
What we are looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 in your Bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering (mechanical, electrical, aeronautical), fire engineering, explosion engineering, physics, mathematics, chemistry or related subjects
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
- aerospace engineering
- civil engineering and construction
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 4 December 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment