As a Site and Facilities Project Management Graduate, you will be part of the team responsible for the delivery of all projects within the Site and Facilities portfolio. Site and Facilities covers a variety of areas including buildings and services, nuclear boundary maintenance and energy management. These projects vary in size and complexity and this will aid your development by allowing you to build up your skills and experience gradually throughout the lifecycle of the projects. These projects are critical to not only keeping the site to an acceptable maintained level, but also supporting product build and delivery.
You will take responsibility for ensuring that we deliver on our customer commitments at the right time, at the right cost and to the best possible quality. Your work will give you the breadth of experience to succeed and tasks could include controlling budgets and expenditure, covering the governance of change within projects, resourcing, fulfilling contractual requirements or interfacing with our customers. You’ll also review performance, analyse risks and take decisions to optimise project success.
What you will be doing
- Support and coordination of Site and Facilities projects aligning to Site and Facilities preferred methodology
- Take responsibility for key work streams on a variety of different projects
- Engage with stakeholders within the wider BAE Systems submarines business, as well as externally with consultants/contractors
- Development of project definitions and support the development of project plans
- Gather data, update project plans and generate project progress reports to support review meetings
- Undertake financial reporting and financial controls in line with current business requirements
- Identify, expedite and support the resolution of problems to respond to risks, issues and deviations on the project
What we are looking for
You must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
All roles within maritime - submarines are restricted to British citizens who do not hold dual nationality. Unfortunately, if you do not meet these criteria it will not be possible to take your application any further. This does not, however, exclude you from working for other parts of the BAE Systems organisation and further information regarding potential roles can be found here.
Security/ export control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
To apply, you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 bachelor’s degree in either civil engineering, structural engineering, mechanical engineering or building services degree. In addition, you must be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance.
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Diversity and inclusion statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 September 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 September 2019