Site Engineering is responsible for providing an engineering authority role for manufacturing facilities and associated infrastructure across the Barrow submarine site. Although usually aligned to a core discipline, covers all of the key disciplines of electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, civil, chemistry and nuclear engineering.
As a Site Engineering graduate, you will have the opportunity to be part of an engineering team who provide engineering authority assurance for infrastructure and operations equipment throughout the site. Covering system entire lifecycle from concept to demolition, across projects, maintenance and operational activities.
What you will be doing
- To develop and maintain expertise on assigned plant system(s) and use this knowledge to advance the company mission and safety by ensuring the overall performance, safety, condition and associated documentation of these assigned systems are maintained at a high standard.
- You will be responsible for long term improvements, establishing technical requirements and producing specifications or conducting reviews to ensure compliance with relevant commercial standards, legislation and safety functional requirements.
- This placement will provide you with have variety of engineering projects to work on which will involve engaging with relevant stakeholders, departments and external contractors. You will have the opportunity to experience and develop during placements in a number of areas within your chosen engineering discipline (rlectrical/mechanical/civil). There may also be elements of product functional safety and systems engineering that may be applied especially in the design justification or substantiation of any safety related systems.
- Although work will be predominately office based there are plenty of opportunities to get out and about across the site by evaluating system performance, engaging with customers to establish requirements and monitoring progress or witness commissioning.
- Engineering graduates will receive support to enable them to meet with competencies required for professional registration with the Engineering Council and obtain valuable experience in a commercially related industrial environment using British and European Standards (rather than Defence Standards).
- Placements will be structured and tailored to provide exposure to the different career paths within Site Engineering.
- You will also be actively seeking and incorporated and/or Chartered status with a professional engineering body.
We expect great things of our graduates. In return, you can expect a generous salary with a comprehensive benefits and pension package, including 25 days’ annual holiday with flexible leave arrangements, senior mentoring, and product and service discounts.
- £2,000 welcome payment
- 20% optional salary advance
- Car lease and share schemes
What we are looking for
We’ll also look for you to demonstrate exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and have the flexibility and resilience to thrive at BAE Systems.
To join us on the GDF you must have a minimum of a 2:2 Bachelor's degree in a subject related to your chosen area of work. Please refer to each role profile for specific details of preferred degrees.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details