Work in a fast growing discipline applying systems engineering principles to the development of concepts and designs for customer service operations. You’ll gain experience across a number of areas and develop a broad understanding of fast jet and unmanned systems and activities undertaken in the design and development of innovative support solutions.
Support Engineering is a fast growing area and covers applying systems engineering principles to the development of concepts and designs in readiness for Customer Service operations. Support service design involves:
- Engagement with customers and understanding their needs
- Modelling service solution performance and integrity
- Understanding the value and performance of data to deliver world class services
- Influencing a diverse technical, aircraft maintenance, supply chain and training service community
Follow your passion with the following responsibilities
- Design and develop advanced training solutions that use modern technologies to help our customers stay one step ahead.
- Improvement and delivery of state-of-the-art mission planning and support services.
- Support air and ground crew with understanding the operational and maintenance needs of their aircraft to help them complete their mission.
- Analyse aircraft information and data to continue to better support our customers specific needs.
- Development of future support solutions and capabilities that meet the needs our customers don’t yet know they have.
- Understanding through life support and existing capabilities, their performance and limitations, and enabling their continuous implementation and improvement.
What we have on offer for you!
Take your first steps in a career that challenges, rewards and evolves. At BAE Systems you’ll be working on exciting, world-leading engineering and business projects from day one. Our placements will prepare you with the skills you need to navigate challenges that bring others to a standstill. We will help you make the very most of your talents. We place great importance not only on what we do, but how and why we do it. We are passionate, collaborative, and take pride in work that helps our customers and communities. Working for BAE Systems, you’ll go home at the end of each day knowing what you do really makes a difference.
Security / Export Control
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Working with us
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
What we are looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll need to be on course for achieving a 2:2 in your Bachelor’s degree ideally in an Engineering subject, or a STEM subject with an Engineering bias.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment