An opportunity has arisen for an Industrial Placement within BAE Systems Engineering department to carry out a range of engineering based activities in a dynamic environment. This role will be based out of our site in Rochester.
We support a range of commercial and military platforms, including fixed and rotary wing aircraft, ground vehicles, Human-machine interfaces and power management. Our systems operate in more than 100 countries with 25 air forces, 30 manufacturers and 280 airlines. Around 1,500 professionals work here, all focused on delivering innovation and outstanding customer responsiveness. We are a rapidly growing and successful part of one of the world’s leading defence, security and aerospace companies.
We pride ourselves on employing the best professionals around. Join us and you’ll be part of something important; something you can be proud of.
What you will be doing
- All aspects of product development engineering, from requirements, through design and implementation to test and release.
- Work will include SW development using Labview and Test Stand toolsets, but also bespoke internal test development tools.
- Work will include supporting detailed integration to prove the Test Systems, allowing test of Prime Hardware, throughout development and production.
- Whilst SW aspects are key aspects, electrical hardware knowledge and understanding is essential. Ideally the candidate will be able to support design of cable and electrical test systems.
Rewards and benefits
We expect exceptional things of our Industrial Placements. In return, you can expect a generous salary with a comprehensive benefits and pension package, including 25 days’ holiday and flexible leave arrangements, shares scheme, senior mentoring, and product and service discounts.
- £18,000 for business, finance and engineering.
- Conditional offer to join BAE Systems as a graduate and further your career (subject to performance and availability of suitable roles) without the need to reapply.
What we are looking for
To join our Business or Engineering Industrial Placement schemes you must be on course for at least a 2:2 Bachelor's degree in a related subject.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/01/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31/01/2019
Additional job details