Commercial Sales and Management are at the centre of Bakkavor’s operations, driving our key customer relationships and facilitating commercial decisions and strategy. By discovering Bakkavor’s Commercial Sales and Management graduate programme, you’ll not only be embarking on a rewarding career at the heart of food manufacturing, you’ll be gaining exceptional all-round experience along with the opportunity to shape the future of our business.
Over two 12-month placements across any two of our UK locations, we’ll give you valuable exposure to a variety of business areas and will get you liaising with our customers, which include many of the biggest names in retail.
From day one, you’ll contribute to key business projects and add value to your team. We’ll in turn invest in your learning and development, supporting you to understanding the key levers and activities within commercial, whilst also supporting your skills development in areas such as Microsoft Excel, category management, commercial application and accounting. This is also underpinned by a leadership and behavioural programme with Fieri, and you’ll complete six exciting workshop residentials with the rest of the graduate community, focussing on building your capability and behaviours for future leadership roles.
You’ll start as a Commercial Graduate, supporting our commercial managers and controllers and after two years, your target role is to become a commercial manager for one of our major accounts. We expect you to then continue your career development, moving to a commercial controller after five years. Ultimately, this programme is about gaining an all-round understanding of manufacturing, as there’s more than meets the eye to be able to get the food from farm to fork.
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
- Starting salary - £27,000 plus £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in year two (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
- Pension scheme
- Relocation financial assistance (for each graduate placement)
- Additional holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
- Access to employee benefits – such as MyDrive Car Lease scheme
A broad support and development network
- A dedicated champion for your functional programme
- A mentor to support and guide your development
- You’ll join as a cohort, with up to 20 other graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
- A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
A suite of training and development opportunities
- Dedicated graduate leadership training events
- Programme workshops and exposure to other functions
- Rotational placements to broaden your experience
- Management skills training
- Opportunities to further your development after the programme with apprenticeship qualifications
- This is an accelerated programme into management roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards senior leadership roles in the future.
What we are looking for
You will need to be confident speaking to customers, numerate, analytical and PC savvy. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends.
- Three months' experience working in a professional type environment, a role within the food industry or manufacturing, or related to your chosen discipline (for example, a three-month office internship)
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
- A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
- Flexibility to complete two rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (move to first placement, and move to second placement which can be in any of our locations)
- Graduates who align to the Bakkavor values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
plus £1,000 one-off signing on bonus
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11 January 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 11 January 2021