This is a 3.5 year CIMA affiliated programme that encourages people to look past the basics in finance, and get involved in the wider decision making in the business to help the organisation to grow and thrive. We’ll see to it that you interact with all areas of our business, from manufacturing and supply chain, to new product development to commercial and marketing.
This programme provides interaction with different business units, to help gain a more rounded understanding of the Bakkavor Group. The roles will cover the core skills including, management accounting, financial management, risk management and process evaluation and redesign. The Finance Programme is aimed at providing long term succession planning within the finance function. It is based around the CIMA qualification. The programme is therefore a 3.5-year scheme, broken down into two elements;
- Years 1 to 2 – study and core experience
- Then 1.5 years – higher level experience and personal development
All members of the finance programme will be expected to complete 3 placements. The first placement being 18 months, followed by two 12-month placements. These could be at any site in the UK and it is essential that you are flexible regarding location in the first 3.5 years.
After the three mandatory placements you’ll work on a personal development plan, and the graduate champion will highlight the experience required and the placements for years four and five of the programme. At this time graduates are no longer expected to be flexible in their location, although it is an advantage in order to secure the most optimal opportunity.
We’ll be giving you the training and experience you need to gain the CIMA qualification within three years whilst exposing you to different product areas and scales of business to give you core skills in management accounting, financial accounting, risk management, process evaluation and redesign. Ultimately, it’s about giving you the in-depth understanding you need to reach a key management role within five years.
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
- Starting salary - £27,000 plus £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in year two (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
- Pension scheme
- Relocation financial assistance (for each graduate placement)
- Additional holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
- Access to employee benefits – such as Zenith Car Lease scheme
A broad support and development network
- A dedicated champion for your functional programme
- A mentor to support and guide your development
- You’ll join as a cohort, with up to 20 other graduates plus our China Graduate Programme graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
- A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
A suite of training and development opportunities
- Dedicated graduate leadership training events
- Programme workshops and exposure to other functions
- Rotational placements to broaden your experience
- Management skills training
- Opportunities to further your development after the programme with apprenticeship qualifications
- This is an accelerated programme into management roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards senior leadership roles in the future.
What we are looking for
We are looking for graduates who can demonstrate excellent analytical skills and business acumen, with a good level of influence and adaptability to fast-paced environment. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends.
- Three months' experience working in a professional type environment, a role within the food industry or manufacturing, or related to your chosen discipline (for example, a three-month office internship)
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
- A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
- Flexibility to complete two rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (move to first placement, and move to second placement which can be in any of our locations)
- Graduates who align to the Bakkavor values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
plus £1,000 one-off signing on bonus
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13 December 2019