If you are interested in the scientific and technical aspects of food manufacturing, join our Food Technology Graduate Programme. You will find yourself working with teams across our business to ensure we develop and manufacture safe, high-quality products day in, day out.
Product safety and quality are the backbone of our operations, and essential to the business and our customers. The Technical function supports ownership from all functions and suppliers in doing manufacturing correctly, safely and to the expected high standard.
This programme works closely with all areas internally and externally and is based both within the factory and the office, depending on the role. Working with our customers is essential, in addition to facilitating the company to have the right systems and process in place, to meet the customer and industry standards or codes of practice. The Food Technology Programme is two years in length and is likely to involve working with either with the quality, technical services, process or raw materials teams. Bakkavor have an essential central technical team who drive governance and standards across the group, and this area also contains future career opportunities.
Your target role for when you come off the programme depends on the area within technical you would like to pursue to continue your development towards a Technical Manager equivalent role within five-seven years of starting. Typically, you can expect to be in roles such as QA Supervisor or Senior Technologist on a development plan towards Quality Manager, Process Manager, Technical Services Manager.
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
- Starting salary - £27,000 plus £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in year two (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
- Pension scheme
- Relocation financial assistance (for each graduate placement)
- Additional holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
- Access to employee benefits – such as Zenith Car Lease scheme
A broad support and development network
- A dedicated champion for your functional programme
- A mentor to support and guide your development
- You’ll join as a cohort, with up to 20 other graduates plus our China Graduate Programme graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
- A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
A suite of training and development opportunities
- Dedicated graduate leadership training events
- Programme workshops and exposure to other functions
- Rotational placements to broaden your experience
- Management skills training
- Opportunities to further your development after the programme with apprenticeship qualifications
- This is an accelerated programme into management roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards senior leadership roles in the future.
What we are looking for
You’ll need to have excellent organisational skills, and able to promote the highest standards in food safety. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends.
- Three months' experience working in a professional type environment, a role within the food industry or manufacturing, or related to your chosen discipline (for example, a 3-month office internship)
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
- A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
- Flexibility to complete two rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (move to first placement, and move to second placement which can be in any of our locations)
- Graduates who align to the Bakkavor values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in a technical, food related or science based discipline
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
plus £1,000 one-off signing on bonus
How to apply
Please click apply to register your interest in this programme, applications will open from Tuesday 15 October.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13 December 2019