Our two-year HR graduate programme gives you valuable, practical work experience across our food manufacturing business – from factory located roles to our Shared Service Centre. We offer all this while supporting you to achieve the career-defining CIPD qualification – and preparing you for future HR leadership.
All great businesses need great people and skills. Supporting the strategic development and engagement of colleagues is an essential core element of the HR function, to ensure Bakkavor is well placed to respond and drive business success. The HR function works in a centralised model, with local HR business partner experts within our factory locations who are supported from the central functions – my HR shared services, resourcing, talent, reward and payroll, systems and L&D.
The HR Programme is two years in length and is likely to see you work both within a factory location and within the central HR functions to provide you with the breadth, behaviours and skills necessary to enter into future senior HR roles. You can expect exposure to resourcing, employee relations, L&D, performance and talent management, HR analytics, employment law, reward management and systems.
Your target role when you come off the programme depends on the area you would like to pursue to continue your career development towards a senior HR business partner within five-seven years from starting. You could be working within the sites as a trainee or junior HR business partner, or within one of the central functions in a supervisory or projects role.
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
- Starting salary - £27,000 plus £1,000 one-off signing on bonus, moving to £28,500 in year two (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
- Pension scheme
- Relocation financial assistance (for each graduate placement)
- Additional holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
- Access to employee benefits – such as Zenith Car Lease scheme
A broad support and development network
- A dedicated champion for your functional programme
- A mentor to support and guide your development
- You’ll join as a cohort, with up to 20 other graduates plus our China Graduate Programme graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you
- A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you through a skills chart checklist of experience
A suite of training and development opportunities
- Dedicated graduate leadership training events
- Programme workshops and exposure to other functions
- Rotational placements to broaden your experience
- Management skills training
- Opportunities to further your development after the programme with apprenticeship qualifications
- This is an accelerated programme into management roles, and due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we are able to work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development towards senior leadership roles in the future.
What we are looking for
We are looking for graduates who can combine excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with a business-focused approach. The pace is fast, so you’ll need excellent organisational skills too. Having an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms is the key to success. Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends.
- Three months' experience working in a professional type environment, a role within the food industry or manufacturing, or related to your chosen discipline (for example, a three-month office internship)
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK
- A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry
- Flexibility to complete two rotational placements, a minimum of two moves, maximum of three (move to first placement, and move to second placement which can be in any of our locations)
- Graduates who align to the Bakkavor values and represent a good value fit to our organisation
Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
plus £1,000 one-off signing on bonus
How to apply
Please click apply to register your interest in this programme, applications will open from Tuesday 15 October.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13 December 2019