Our Higher Apprenticeship in Manufacturing is an ideal opportunity if you are interested in the different stages involved in efficient food production. It will give you a clear understanding of the key manufacturing processes including planning, safe machinery operation and resource management.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will have a crucial role in the day to day production and distribution of our quality products.
- You will gain a clear understanding of the key manufacturing processes including planning, safe machinery operation and resource and people management.
- You will forge close links with other functions within the business such as Technical, Development, Finance and Human Resources so you will require good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- You will learn how to set up and manage projects using relevant tools and techniques and understand process management.
- You will gain an understanding of business development tools (eg SWOT) and approaches to continuous improvement.
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Problem solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Number skills
- Team working
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A* - C or 9 - 4) essential
- GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A* - C or 9 - 4) essential
- A Level or equivalent any subjects (Grade A - C) desirable
Things to consider
The work environment can be cold and noisy (for which PPE will be provided) and will entail being inside for long periods of time. However, it is also a very positive place to work and the experience gained will be invaluable for the future and will give you your ‘first steps’ into manufacturing.
- You will attain an Operations/Departmental Manager Level 5 standard.
- Full support and training will be provided to help you progress quickly. Depending on the site, the scheme may offer placements within a factory based role with responsibility for a team, running production lines, quality and output costs.
- What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- At the end of your programme, if you have successfully completed your apprenticeship and achieved the performance targets that we have set for you, you are guaranteed a permanent role with us.
- Future career aspirations could be Team Leader, Section Manager, Factory Manager or Operations Manager to name a few.
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
Increasing to £19,500 in year two.
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 March 2023