Manufacturing Operations is the core of the business, and is responsible for delivering high quality, innovative products to our customers on a massive scale!
On our new three year Manufacturing Management Graduate programme you will develop the skills and knowledge to become a great team leader, maintaining and setting high standards for operational excellence, food safety and health & safety, as well as developing high performing teams. You will have supervisory responsibility from an early stage. We will give you exposure to food manufacturing across several sectors and you will gain a wide range of skills and understanding of how our factories operate and how to manage and develop people. As potential future leader, we have high aspirations for you and will support you all the way, making your journey enjoyable and fulfilling.
Within five-seven years of starting, with strong focus, hard work and development, you should be aspiring to be in a Factory/Operations Manager role.
What we offer
Our programme is designed to broaden your perspective and offer you a variety of learning opportunities. On the graduate programme, you’ll receive:
- Year one: £28,000; Year 2: £31,000 - £34,000; year three: £37,000 - £40,000 (London placements will receive an additional allowance for living costs)
- Pension scheme
- Financial assistance with relocation costs for each placement
- Additional Holiday purchase scheme (25 days holiday as standard)
- Access to employee benefits – such as MyDrive Car Lease scheme
A broad support and development network
- A dedicated Champion for your functional programme
- A Mentor to support and guide your development.
- You’ll join as a Cohort, with up to 20 other graduates, not to mention a wide community of graduates who joined in the years before you.
- A Line Manager who will complete regular performance reviews and support you to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours set out in your programme.
A suite of training and development opportunities
- Dedicated graduate leadership training events.
- Programme Workshops and exposure to other functions
- Rotational Placements to broaden your experience.
- Management Skills training
- Opportunities to further your development after the programme with Apprenticeship Qualifications
- This programme acts as a route into senior leadership roles. Due to Bakkavor’s size and breadth, we can work with you to identify the right career opportunities for your professional development.
Our graduate programme is for people who can think bigger and grow faster. We created it to develop the future-leaders and shapers of our business. To learn more and apply online, click Apply.
What we are looking for
- We are looking for applicants with a strong ambition to develop a career within food manufacturing, with aspirations to become an Engineering Manager.
- You should have an inquisitive nature and an inbuilt desire to challenge the norms, as well as flexibility and adaptability.
- Here at Bakkavor innovation is what we are all about; it’s what keeps us ahead of the competition, so make sure you’re keeping up to date with the current affairs and latest food trends.
- Achieved, or are expected to achieve, at least a 2:2 in an engineering-based degree
- Three months' work experience
- An existing ‘right to work’ in the UK, (minimum 3 years from September 2023)
- A clearly articulated motivation to progress your career in the food industry.
- Flexibility to complete three 12 month placements at three different locations across the UK, (we will try to accommodate your preferences).
- Graduates who align to the Bakkavor Values and represent a good value fit to our organisation.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Lincolnshire · Holbeach / Bourne
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
After applying, you can expect to complete some initial questions around some relevant scenarios at Bakkavor, followed by an online psychometric test and a non-live video reflection. If successful, we will invite you to an assessment centre in January or February 2024 and these interviews are for a September 2024 start on the programme.
If you have any queries about this programme, or the recruitment process, please contact us at EarlyCareers@Bakkavor.com
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2023