A Balfour Beatty paid internship is the perfect introduction to one of the most interesting and challenging industries in the world. Joining us for twelve months, you'll have the time to get right under the skin of our business and your role. You'll turn potential into proven expertise. And you'll work with people who'll give you the right foundations for your post-graduation career.
As well as bags of priceless, hands-on experience, you'll receive a competitive salary and a number of useful benefits. You could also take a big step towards a place on our Graduate Scheme.
Our Construction Management undergraduate roles will tend to be site based; however, occasionally we have office-based placements available depending on the project requirements. Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of construction management to support your studies.
What you'll be doing
We couldn't do what we do without good construction management. The teams at the centre of every single one of our world-shaping projects defining the scope, understanding the constraints, organising resources, and generally seeing that all the goals are met. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Handling health and safety on a project
- Setting bench marks of work to be done
- Setting and agreeing budgets for the work
- Managing and recruiting staff for the project
- Being directly responsible for the work being carried out and the decision making
- Working on-site - inspecting work, checking materials and their delivery and storage, checking everyone is following safety rules
- Working in the office - dealing with contracts, working with clients, holding meetings to keep the project on time and on budget
- Work closely with architects and construction engineering professionals on a project.
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty graduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more.
What we are looking for
- Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- Have a team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Have a driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
- Ideally, have a full UK driving licence
- Be eligible to work and live in the UK
Be studying for a construction management degree (BEng or MEng) - expecting to achieve a 2:2
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing dae.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 March 2020