Get more out of your summer with Balfour Beatty. Take on one of our paid placements, and youll have the chance to make a real impact on our business. Youll open doors to future opportunities here too, while really developing your knowledge and understanding of our industry. Joining us from between eight and twelve weeks over the summer, youll take on real and important work.
As well as bags of priceless, hands-on experience, youll receive a competitive salary and a number of useful benefits. You could also take a big step towards a place on our Graduate Scheme.
Our Electrical Engineering undergraduate roles will tend to be site based; however, occasionally we have office-based placements available depending on the project requirements. Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of construction management to support your studies.
What you'll be doing
Our engineers find physical answers to some of the biggest challenges in our industry. Join them, and youll find yourself shaping projects that redefine skylines and fuel societies. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Working with high and low voltage equipment
- Managing power generation, transmission and distribution
- Designing systems and products
- Working with renewable energy sources
- Managing and maintaining building services, such as lighting, heating, ventilation and lift systems
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical developments
- Drawing up project plans, making models, prototypes and circuit diagrams
- Estimating timescales
- Overseeing the work of technicians and craftspeople
- Testing installations and systems
- Making sure projects meet safety regulations
- Overseeing inspection and maintenance programmes
- Liaising with clients
- Managing maintenance programmes
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team, which is likely to include engineers from other specialist areas
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty graduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more.
What we are looking for
- Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- Have a team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Have a driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
- Ideally, have a full UK driving licence
- Be eligible to work and live in the UK
Be studying for a construction management (BEng or MEng) - expecting to achieve a 2:2
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- North East England
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing dae.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 March 2020