We have a dedicated Business Development team that is experienced in innovative thought leadership and change management. The M25 provides a unique opportunity to be a hub for ideas, products and systems that will generate better outcomes for road users long into the future.
You'll deliver proactive business development, focusing on new opportunities for Balfour Beatty from new and existing customers alike. As well as strengthening relationships with existing customers you'll also develop new quality negotiated, framework and tender opportunities for the business. You'll use your customer knowledge to support work winning and delivery as necessary.
By joining our business graduate scheme, you’ll work closely with the people who are driving the business forward. The scheme will support the development of your skills, knowledge and experience and will help you become an expert in your own field.
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years and you will follow a develop programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you’ll be supported by your line manager and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will network with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Some of the roles included within this position are:
- Supports the Business Development Managers.
- Copy-writes, edits and reviews information researched and produced by the business development team
- Gathers, collates and formats standard Balfour Beatty Company data in order to meet the requirements for Gate Paper submissions.
- Identifies, captures and writes about BB project innovations and best practice, for use in expressions of interest to Clients
- Maintains regular communication with colleagues in the work winning team. Identifies and keeps abreast of their knowledge base and experience, to allow efficient collaboration.
- Stores collected information and outputs in a way that can be readily shared for future use.
- Liaises with the work winning teams and operations teams, ensuring that they are briefed on the details of any enquiry or project arising from a successful BD initiative. .
- Keeps abreast of Proposals best practice
- Assists BD Manager in maintaining CRM database of tenders, negotiations’, pre-qualifications and leads, and in updating information on a daily basis. Runs CRM reports for use in Business Development Meetings.
- Compiles presentations for Customer meetings / interviews, coordinates attendees and rehearsals.
- Assists with organisation of Company/Customer social events.
- Lives the Balfour Beatty Values
- Ensures a relentless focus on Zero Harm
We are an international infrastructure group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems and social and commercial buildings. Each year we seek the best graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A minimum of a 2:2 in a business related degree
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Should you require any additional support with your application, please
We reserve the right to remove this advert should the roles be filled before the closing date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Closing date: 15/04/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/04/2018