We designed our two-year Business Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. Our business schemes call for wide-ranging skills, so this is exactly what youll gain. Youll join a thriving graduate network. And as you progress, youll have the freedom to tailor your path into roles and disciplines where you can put your biggest and best ideas into practice.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
What you'll be doing
Your day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Develop goals and objectives that tend to growth and prosperity
- Design and implement business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals
- Ensure that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g. people, material, equipment etc.)
- Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity
- Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers
- Gather, analyse and interpret external and internal data and write reports
- Assess overall company performance against objectives
- Represent the company in events, conferences etc.
- Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website to learn more.
What we are looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
- Ideally, previous work experience
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
A minimum of a 2:2 BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in business management.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email here
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 March 2020