Our Civil Design Engineering Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited ICE scheme, geared towards you achieving Charted Engineer status. This scheme has a strong emphasis on the design element of Civil Engineering. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
As a Graduate Engineer you’ll work on a variety of different projects, including new build and refurbishment/remodelling schemes. Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking designs to comply with applicable standards and procedures
- Assisting in the co-ordination of the design process on live projects
- Assisting in ensuring that the highest possible safety standards are implemented and maintained via risk mitigation in the design process
- Ensuring that design information is accurate and available to enable all construction activities to proceed efficiently
- Supporting the site commercial team by providing clear records of design changes
Salary and Benefits
Our Civil Engineering Graduate schemes are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
- Balfour Beatty Power, Transmission & Distribution
We are an international infrastructure group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems and social and commercial buildings. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
What we’re looking for:
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
Qualifications and experience requirements
To be considered for our graduate scheme you’ll have:
- A minimum of a 2:1 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Accepted degree subjects
civil engineering and construction
How to apply
We reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the application closing date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Closing date: 15/04/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/04/2018