We designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Our Civil Engineering Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited ICE scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered Engineer status. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
Our engineers find physical answers to some of the biggest challenges in our industry. Join them, and youll find yourself shaping projects that redefine skylines and fuel societies. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with site investigations
- Developing detailed designs
- Assessing the potential risks of specific projects
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems
- Managing budgets and other project resources
- Managing change, as the client may change his or her mind about the design
- Ensuring relevant parties are notified of changes in the project
- Attending public meetings to discuss projects, especially in a senior role
- Using computer modelling software to analyse data
- Preparing bids
What we are looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
- A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Ideally have experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 March 2020