We designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
This role is based from Newcastle; however, the successful candidate will be expected to undertake extensive travel to UK wide sites as part of their role.
What you'll be doing
To support the BBK digital team in the deployment and ongoing management of digital tools including BIM360 Field, Autodesk assemble, Navisworks. Primarily based at our regional office in Newcastle, working on projects throughout the UK.
Following company/client/Government standards and procedures relating to Digital and integrating into information management within the Project to deliver a successful Digital project. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Supporting the BBK digital team in deployment and ongoing management of digital tools
- Educating people, implementing processes and using technology during project construction phase
- Supporting with educating the project team and Supply Chain members for the use and development of the Project Information Model Graphical and Non Graphical (3D Model), and digital collaboration tools
- Supporting the Digital team to implement processes/culture/technology
- Research, develop, implement and review new ways of working which will benefit the projects by increasing efficiency, reducing cost, improving quality, sustainability and aiming for Zero Harm
- Creating files and ensuring the appropriate file attributes are captured correctly
- Producing and /or amending information in accordance with the Project SMP
- Ensuring graphical models (they produce) escalating any interfaces issues to the Interface Manager
- Ensuring all element of the Information Model are fully coordinated with each other
- Submitting information for approval in accordance with the TIDP
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website to learn more.
What we are looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
- Ideally have experience within an engineering/construction environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in mechanical or electrical engineering (other built environment degrees will be considered)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email here
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 March 2020