Our Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme is a two year programme designed to launch your career. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
You’ll be involved in the whole project life cycle from selection and sourcing of products, negotiating with stakeholders, planning routes, creating layouts and methods for installing cable. We will also be looking to give you valuable site experience to enhance your understanding of our UK operations. We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential whilst being exposed to practical engineering with a clear focus on site experience. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning.
You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Rewards and benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
Our Electrical Engineering Graduate schemes are based in the following area, Balfour Beatty Kilpatrick.
What we are looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you’ll need:
- Ideally have experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
- A minimum of a 2:1 BSc, BEng or MEng in electrical/electronic engineering or mechanical engineering
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email us.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 12/04/2019
Additional job details