We designed our two-year Technical Graduate Scheme to start your journey towards becoming an industry expert. So, expect well-structured training, incredible projects, talented colleagues and loads of hands-on experience.
Your time on the programme will see you gaining all kinds of specialist technical skills and eye-catching achievements. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. Youll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; youll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential and as your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Our Planning Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered status. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
What you'll be doing
Joining an evolving team, you'll do more than just plan and control. You'll shape the direction of the team with your ideas and input, while working alongside our world-class project teams. Youll get to drive and influence your career development too. Your day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with the development of planning policy, including strategies which take account of transport, the local economy, jobs, green infrastructure, renewable energy, climate change and the historic environment
- Reviewing and monitoring existing planning policy documents
- Helping to draft and review planning applications
- Conducting appropriate research to inform planning applications
- Assisting with consultations and negotiations with consultants and developers
- Helping to enforce planning controls for developments
- Helping to prepare policy or guidance documents on how to manage historic environments
- Assisting with the provision of services to clients and contributing to projects
- Liaising with managers and engineers to discuss the project progress and sort any issues which arise
- Producing tender plans to support tender bids
- Creating, maintaining, reviewing and administering construction schedules and plans
- Presenting information internally and keeping the client team updated on progress for presentation to the client
- Liaising with external contractors and suppliers to organise the many phases of the construction development
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
Our Graduate Finance Manager scheme is a national rotational role based in different areas of the business.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website to learn more.
What we are looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
- Ideally have experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
A minimum of a 2:2 degree in a built environment discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- South East England
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email here
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 March 2020