Our Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme is a two-year programme designed to launch your career. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. You’ll have visibility in key areas of our business including design, operations, safety and commercial; you’ll soon appreciate the important role of engineering innovation.
By joining our business graduate scheme, you’ll work closely with the people who are driving the business forward. Over the two year development programme, you’ll get a taste of different business areas, with each one offering an insider’s view of the people, processes and technology that are transforming our business.
Our programme recognises the importance of giving meaningful and challenging work, so you can expect to be immersed in real activities and given responsibilities from the outset. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned business improvement and corporate social responsibility projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Our Graduate Planner scheme is based in our major project, highways business.
Rewards and benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role.
What we are looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
- Initiative thinkers who can develop detailed solutions to complex problems and then simply communicate solution’s to the construction teams
- Utilise computer software to plan projects to produce both programmes and BIM models of the schedule.
- The ability to analytically evaluate data and develop strategies and sequences to deliver large complex infrastructure projects
- Ideally have work experience
- A full, clean UK driving licence
A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in construction, civil engineering or project management.
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.
Balfour Beatty will not support any applications for visa sponsorship for this role and all applicants for this role must have the right to work for an indefinite period in the UK.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 12/04/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Aberdeen · Birmingham · Cambridge · Hereford · Hull · Perth · Warrington|
|Additional location information||Also, other locations awaiting contract awards|