Our Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme is a two year programme designed to launch your career. You will be joining a leading international infrastructure group shaping innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We deliver projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will play a key role in ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project. Working as a valued member of our commercial team, you’ll be involved in many aspects of quantity surveying.
We will develop your technical and leadership skills to help you reach your full potential whilst being exposed to practical engineering with a clear focus on site experience. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Our Quantity Surveying Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited RICS scheme, geared towards you achieving Chartered Surveyor status. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will also be covered.
Our Quantity Surveying Graduate schemes are based in the following business areas: UK construction services, HS2, highways, rail and gas and water.
What we are looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence decision making
What you’ll need:
- Ideally have experience within a related environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
- A minimum of a 2:2 BSc (Hons) degree in quantity surveying or commercial management
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email us.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 12/04/2019
Additional job details