Our Quantity Surveying Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited ICES/RICS scheme, geared towards you achieving Charted Surveyor status. Depending on project requirements, you could be site, office based or both.
We deliver projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will play a key role in ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project. Working as a valued member of our commercial team, you’ll be involved in many aspects of quantity surveying such as:
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team
- Compiling applications data and providing input into change control systems
- Understanding risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team
- Assisting in subcontract management and, in time, taking responsibility for your own subcontractors
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years; you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you’ll be supported by your line manager and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will work with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
Our Quantity Surveying Graduate schemes are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
- Balfour Beatty UKCS
- Balfour Beatty Rail
- Balfour Beatty Major Projects
- Balfour Beatty Power, Transmission & Distribution
- Balfour Beatty Gas & Water
For more information about what you can as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website www.balfourbeatty.com/graduate and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email us.
We are an international infrastructure group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems and social and commercial buildings. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
What we’re looking for
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- A team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
Qualifications and experience requirements
To be considered for our graduate scheme you’ll have
- A minimum of a 2:2 BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- Experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A full, clean UK driving licence
Accepted degree subjects
planning and surveying · business and management studies
How to apply
We reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the application closing date.
Closing date: 15/04/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/04/2018