Our Software Engineering Graduates follow a training programme as part of our accredited scheme. You will contribute to software projects within Balfour Beatty Rail Technologies by undertaking analysis, design, and development activities in line with the business software development process, software quality plans, and all other internal quality processes.
You will develop robust maintainable software for projects allocated by the business and support the full project lifecycle as required from requirements capture through to final testing.
The Balfour Beatty Graduate scheme lasts for two years; you will follow a development programme that will equip you with the skills needed to become a business leader of the future. Throughout the two years, you’ll be supported by your line manager and have the opportunity to attend graduate-based events, where you will work with your peers, develop interpersonal skills and share best practice. You will join a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
Rewards and benefits
We offer a competitive salary that is reviewed annually based on performance. You will have the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme, flexible benefits package and you may be entitled to a company car, if applicable to the role. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
What we are looking for
- Experience of Visual Studio development environment, C# or C++. Experience with scripting languages such as Python is a bonus
- Basic understanding of LINQ, SQL, SQL Server, Lambda expressions
- Experience within an engineering environment
- Eligibility to work and live permanently in the UK
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate)
- A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the able to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
A minimum of a 2:2 BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons) in software engineering
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserve the right to remove adverts before the closing date.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 12/04/2019
Additional job details