About the role
Highways Maintenance Apprentices will be required to work as part of a versatile highways team, delivering both reactive highway maintenance and planned highway works. Out of hours emergency response and winter maintenance duties are also part of the role.
What the apprenticeship will offer
You will also attend college and study for and be expected to pass intermediate (level 2) Apprenticeship Highways Maintenance within two years, as well as a number of other training and learning events, however most of your learning will be “on the job”, utilising the wealth of experience within the team you’ll be working within.
You will also have various other training opportunities. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
What you'll be doing
- Deliver highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaise with members of the client team and the public to ensure that the client’s needs are met
- Work as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Be responsible for onsite health and safety at all times
- Routine and reactive repairs, emergency call out and winter maintenance (gritting).
- Out-of-hours standby (on a rota basis)
Who we're looking for
- You will have an interest in highways maintenance
- You will be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety is essential
- Have a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required is essential
- You will have a willingness to learn
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
- As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the group.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Hertfordshire.
How to apply
We reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date. Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29/04/2019
Additional job details
|Location||South East England|