Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you – based in Telford, Herefordshire and Warwickshire.
About the role
Balfour Beatty Living Places work in partnership with local authorities to create regeneration strategies, maintain infrastructure and provide local services. We help transform communities, environments and local economies.
As an apprentice you will start your career working within a team on our highway contract for the local Borough Council, where we maintain their roads and footways; carrying out small repairs through to major highway
What the apprenticeship will offer
You will also attend college and study for and be expected to pass intermediate (level two) Apprenticeship Highways Maintenance within two years, as well as a number of other training and learning events, however most of your learning will be “on the job”, utilising the wealth of experience within the team you’ll be working within.
You will also have various other training opportunities. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
What you'll be doing
- Deliver Highways works efficiently and safely for the local area
- Liaise with members of the client team and the public to ensure that the client’s needs are met
- Work as part of a team to deliver reactive, emergency and other types of highways works in all weathers
- Be responsible for onsite health and safety at all times
- Routine and reactive repairs, emergency call out and winter maintenance (gritting).
- Out-of-hours standby (on a rota basis)
Who we're looking for
- You will have an interest in highways maintenance
- You will be focused on delivering high quality highway works, safely and to budget
- An understanding of the importance of health and safety is essential
- Have a flexible approach to your working day and be willing to work out of hours when required is essential
- You will have a willingness to learn
- Behave with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To always do what is right
- As well as strong numeracy and well-developed team and people skills, you have the passion and enthusiasm to keep the momentum going on a project. You will be able to set the pace as well as the standards for the team. You will also have the ability to describe what interests and motivates you to the construction industry
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the group.
Take a look at what we do at
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About Balfour Beatty Living Places
Balfour Beatty Living Places works in partnership with local authorities to maintain and manage the roads, street lighting and public realm infrastructure modern communities and economies need. Building close, long-term relationships, we use our expertise and resources to deliver sustainable value for money contracts covering a number of vital local services. With significant experience in delivering roads maintenance, street lighting, public realm improvements, traffic management and winter maintenance, our teams focus on providing exceptional customer service and take innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
How to apply
We reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date. Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29/04/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Herefordshire · Telford · Warwickshire|