A Balfour Beatty paid internship is the perfect introduction to one of the most interesting and challenging industries in the world. Joining us for twelve months, you'll have the time to get right under the skin of our business and your role. You'll turn potential into proven expertise. And you'll work with people who'll give you the right foundations for your post-graduation career.
As well as bags of priceless, hands-on experience, you'll receive a competitive salary and a number of useful benefits. You could also take a big step towards a place on our Graduate Scheme.
Our Quantity Surveying undergraduate roles will tend to be site based; however, occasionally we have office-based placements available depending on project requirements. We develop projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will work with the commercial team ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project.
What you'll be doingNone of our projects, from vital routine maintenance to ground-breaking high-profile builds, would happen without our Commercial team. So, when you join us, you'll quickly become a vital part of life here. Your day to day responsibilities may include:
- Preparing tender and contract documents
- Working out the cost of repair and maintenance work
- Establishing exactly what a client wants
- Weighing up commercial risks
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Making sure a project meets every legal and quality standard
- Making sure that the client gets value for their money
- Advising on the maintenance costs of specific buildings
Salary and benefits
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty graduate and whats involved in the scheme, visit our website here to learn more.
What we are looking for
- Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- Have a team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Have a driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
- Ideally, have a full UK driving licence
- Be eligible to work and live in the UK
Be studying for a BSc (Hons) in quantity surveying/commercial management - expecting to achieve a 2:2
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- West Midlands
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing dae.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 March 2020