Undergraduates will complete a one year Industrial Placement within our business commencing in summer/autumn 2018. Our Civil Engineering undergraduate roles will tend to be site based; however, occasionally we have office based placements available depending on project requirements.
Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of civil engineering to support your studies. You will be given guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us as we want you to make a valid contribution to the business throughout your placement. So in order that you develop quickly, you will be given a real taster of the role including site and office based experience as early as possible.
Reporting to a Senior Engineer, your responsibilities may include:
- Managing and carrying out setting out activities
- Liaison with and supervision of other site staff and operatives, always ensuring work is carried out in a safe manner
- Preparing Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Control and determine quantities of materials against project plans
- Carry out short term planning
- Keeping site records and quality documents (cost, time & safety)
Your time with us will help you gain valuable experience should you aspire to specialise in Civil Engineering.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can as a Balfour Beatty Undergraduate and what’s involved, visit our website www.balfourbeatty.com/undergraduate
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email us.
We are an international infrastructure group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems and social and commercial buildings. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
Qualifications and experience requirements
To be considered for our undergraduate roles you’ll:
- Be studying for a BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in Civil or Structural Engineering, expecting to achieve a 2:2
- Have a full UK driving licence
- Be eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
- Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- Have a team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Have a driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
Accepted degree subjects
civil engineering and construction
How to apply
We reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the application closing date.
Closing date: 15/04/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/04/2018