Undergraduates will complete a one year Industrial Placement within our business commencing in summer/autumn 2018. Our Quantity Surveying undergraduate roles will tend to be site based; however, occasionally we have office based placements available depending on project requirements.
Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of quantity surveying to support your studies. You will be given the guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us, as we want you to make a valid contribution to the business throughout your placement. So in order that you develop quickly, you will be given a real taster of the role including site and office based experience as early as possible.
We develop projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will work with the commercial team ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project. You’ll be involved in many aspects of quantity surveying such as:
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team
- Compiling applications data and providing input into change control systems
- Understanding risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team
- Assisting in subcontract management and, in time, taking responsibility for your own subcontractors.
Your time with us will help you gain valuable experience should you aspire to specialise in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can as a Balfour Beatty Undergraduate and what’s involved, visit our website
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email us.
- Balfour Beatty UKCS
We are an international infrastructure group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems and social and commercial buildings. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
Qualifications and experience requirements
To be considered for our undergraduate roles you’ll
- Be studying for a BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management, or similar - expecting to achieve a 2:2
- Ideally, have a full UK driving licence
- Be eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
- Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- Have a team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Have a driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
Accepted degree subjects
planning and surveying · business and management studies
How to apply
We reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the application closing date.
Applicants are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible as CVs will be reviewed and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis.
Closing date: 15/04/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/04/2018