Undergraduates will complete a one year Industrial Placement within our business commencing in summer/autumn 2019.
Our Civil Engineering undergraduate roles will tend to be site based; however, occasionally we have office based placements available depending on project requirements.
Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of civil engineering to support your studies. You will be given guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us as we want you to make a valid contribution to the business throughout your placement. So in order that you develop quickly, you will be given a real taster of the role including site and office based experience as early as possible.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Managing and carrying out setting out activities
- Liaison with and supervision of other site staff and operatives, always ensuring work is carried out in a safe manner
- Preparing Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Control and determine quantities of materials against project plans
- Carry out short term planning
- Keeping site records and quality documents (cost, time & safety)
- Your time with us will help you gain valuable experience should you aspire to specialize in Civil Engineering.
Rewards and benefits
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
What we are looking for
- Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- Have a team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Have a driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
- Have a full, clean UK driving licence
- Be eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
Be studying for a BEng (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in civil or structural engineering, expecting to achieve a 2:2
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Balfour Beatty reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the closing date.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 12/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 12/04/2019
Additional job details