Within Balfour Beatty we have opportunities for Construction Management Undergraduates to complete an 8-12 week placement in the summer of 2018. Our Construction Management Undergraduate roles are typically site based, however occasionally we have office based placements available depending on the project requirements.
Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of construction management to support your studies. You will be given the guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us as we want you to make a valid contribution to our business throughout your placement. In order to develop quickly, you will be given a real taster of the role and given real responsibility as early as possible.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to a Senior Construction Manager your main responsibilities may include:
- Assist in the day to day monitoring and recording of the Building Contractor’s activities on site
- Provide accompanied site visits with the Independent Certifier, Funder’s Technical Advisor and other site visitors as requested by the SCDM
- Assist the SCDM with the management and agreement of the sign-off of the Reviewable Design Data (RDD) including carrying out on-site inspections to check that the completed works are compliant with the signed off RDD comments.
- Participate in the completion countdown meetings leading up to handover and maintain the countdown meeting schedules.
- Monitor the Building Contractor’s close-out of snagging in the lead –up to hand-over and post-handover.
- Attend Client Meetings as requested by the SCDM and manage the actions which flow there-from
- Gather information as required to assist the SCDM carry out the monthly construction valuation and issue of payment certificates.
Your time with us will help you gain valuable experience should you aspire to specialise in construction management
Our Construction Management Summer Placements are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
- Balfour Beatty UKCS
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website www.balfourbeatty.com/graduate and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email us.
Qualifications and experience requirements
To be considered for our undergraduate roles you’ll need
- Be studying for a Construction Management (BEng or MEng) degree ideally expecting to gain at least a 2:2
- Ideally a full UK driving licence
Accepted degree subjects
engineering management · civil engineering and construction
How to apply
We reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the application closing date.
Closing date: 15/04/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/04/2018