Within Balfour Beatty we have opportunities for Quantity Surveying Undergraduates to complete an 8-12 week placement in the summer of 2018. Our Undergraduate roles are typically site-based, however occasionally we have office based placements available depending on the project requirements.
Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of Quantity Surveying to support your studies. You will be given the guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us, as we want you to make a valid contribution to our business throughout your placement. In order to develop quickly, you will be given a real taster of the role and given real responsibility as early as possible.
What you'll be doing
We deliver projects of differing size and scope throughout the UK and you will work with the commercial team in ensuring we make the optimal margin on a project. You’ll be involved in many aspects of quantity surveying such as:
- Developing effective working relationships with members of the project management team
- Compiling applications data and providing input into change control systems
- Understanding risk and identifying the implications of actions taken by yourself and the project team
- Assisting in subcontract management and, in time, taking responsibility for your own subcontractors
Our Quantity Surveying Summer Placements are based in the following Balfour Beatty Divisions:
- Balfour Beatty UKCS
- Balfour Beatty Rail
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
For more information about what you can as a Balfour Beatty Graduate and what’s involved in the scheme, visit our website and view the profiles of our current graduates across the Group.
Should you require any additional support with your application, please email us.
We are an international infrastructure group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems and social and commercial buildings. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People (“Two Ticks”) symbol and we are a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme.
What we’re looking for
- You will have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and an eagerness to learn
- A flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to travel as part of your training)
- A team-focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative
Qualifications and experience requirements
To be considered for our undergraduate roles you’ll need
- To be studying for a Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management or similar ideally expecting to gain at least a 2:2
- Ideally a full UK driving licence
Accepted degree subjects
planning and surveying · business and management studies · accounting and finance
UK wide, Worldwide
How to apply
We reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before the application closing date.
Closing date: 15/04/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/04/2018