Based in West London, the Balloon One Graduate Programme is an exciting opportunity to get a foot in the door of the B2B enterprise technology industry, whilst having real-world responsibilities and autonomy. Balloon grew by 25% in FY2018, and as a growing company the culture is dynamic and exciting. The rotational aspect of the programme will allow graduates to experience the key functions of Balloon One’s business.
Technology & Solutions Associate – Graduate Programme
You will rotate around the three main functions of the business; Business Development (Account Management), Implementation Consultancy and Support Consultancy.
Below is the outline of the roles and responsibilities of the three placements (in no particular order). These will be spread out over 24 months. In some instances a fourth placement may be offered within this period.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing relationships with key customers, being a direct liaison and generating sales. Customer satisfaction and revenue generated within the customer base are key metrics of success for this role. In customer engagements the Account Manager will be responsible for:
- Generating sales across client accounts; systems, licenses and services.
- Point of contact for clients.
- Regular meetings with clients; both direct and remote.
- Organising customer events; product showcases and webinars.
- Collaborating with internal staff to meet client demands.
- Tracking key account metrics.
- Managing internal client processes, with a particular focus on service delivery.
- Managing contract renewals.
Client support forms the main responsibility of this role including:
- Telephone and email support for end users and partners on a number of business applications and add-on products supported by the company.
- Responding to inbound support requests within defined response time targets.
- Contributing to Balloon’s support knowledge base.
- Office-based technical and business support to field-based Balloon employees.
- Office-based consultancy for end customers including report writing and data migration.
- Depending on the knowledge and client-facing skills level, the Consultant may be asked to carry out the following additional activities:
- Onsite visits to existing customers
- Deliver classroom training to end users and partners
Implementation Consultants are tasked with delivering projects for customers; both new customer projects and upgrades to existing clients solutions. In this role the Technology & Solutions Associate will be responsible for:
- Delivering technical elements of the solution including software installation, report layouts, SQL queries and script editing
- Training users how to operate the system.
- Supporting the testing of the system with the customer.
- Handholding the customer through the first few days of using the system.
- Working closely with the lead consultant to define the build plan and implementation steps.
- Delivering project handovers to the Balloon One support team after go-live.
Internally, the role will provide exposure to all of Balloon’s functions (sales, consultancy, development and support). Subsequently, the Technology and Systems Associate will acquire a large amount of product and process knowledge. Externally, the role allows for building a large network with both software and channel partners and customers.
The first the months of your employment will include formal classroom training, informal self-study, on-the-job training and shadowing of experienced employees.
An initial development plan will be provided, discussed, monitored and progress reviewed for the duration of the three month probation period.
On successful completion a development plan will be created and progress reviewed quarterly.
The role requires individuals who can identify and develop new opportunities and working practices. There will be opportunities for progression as the company grows and these will be discussed as appropriate.
The Junior Supply Chain Consultant will receive, depending on experience, a gross salary of up to £25,000.
Profit share scheme
Participation in a company discretionary profit sharing scheme.
A group personal pension scheme is in operation. Balloon One will match employee contributions of up to 2% of the Consultant’s gross salary after two years of service.
What we are looking for
- Relevant experience in IT or supply chain / logistics is desirable; for example an industrial placement.
- Interpersonal skills are a must; the ability to communicate both internally and externally will define the Associates’ success in their roles and subsequent progression within the company.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Independent and driven; uses initiative to actively seek to learn new skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm.
- A good team player who can also work alone using their initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi task.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, confident liaising at all levels.
- Good problem solver and decision maker.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Good IT skills with knowledge of SQL, Excel, MS Access.
Graduating in summer 2019 or within the last 12 months, with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree. Expected grade First class Honours (1st) or Upper Second-Class Honours (2:1).
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 21/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21/02/2019
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||Three|
up to £25,000