We are looking for an AAT trainee to support our growing team which provides a wide range of services from bookkeeping to management accounting to “virtual FD” advisory/support services to a range of clients in varied industries from start-ups through to £40m or more turnover companies.
The successful candidate will have a good academic background with excellent communication and time management. The role will require you to work closely with team managers and staff members and contribute to and be part of the success of the team in the long term. We also pride ourselves on our own investment in staff training and development all within in a friendly but professional environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Bookkeeping and associated work including VAT returns, Intrastat and EC sales lists.
- Preparation of management reporting pack from client’s software/trial balance.
- Communicate directly with clients;
- On-site client work.
- Support managers and team members with administrative tasks.
The Firm will provide financial support for the successful candidate to study the AAT qualification, along with some days of paid study leave for exam preparation.
Upon successful completion of the AAT qualification (which usually takes two to three years), the firm will generally consider supporting the individual in studying for either the ACCA or ACA qualification.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a position at developing a career in accounting.
What we are looking for
- have a genuine interest in developing an accounting career
- be able to work effectively in a team
- have the confidence to engage with partners, clients and staff
- Good IT skills (particularly Excel) is required. We use a range of SME-level accounting software for example Sage Line 50, Xero and Excel so any knowledge of these is beneficial, but not essential.
Minimum A Level grades of A, A, B.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
To find out more about this opportunity please contact us in the first instance.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 June 2021