Roles available in technical (engineering and design), quantity surveying and buying, sales and marketing, construction, urban design and finance.
Commencing in September each year, this is a two-year programme.
In year-one, our graduates rotate around land and planning, technical (engineering and design), commercial (quantity surveying and buying), construction (site management), sales and finance. You’ll also tackle live projects, as well as learning on a day -o-day basis.
Year-two sees each graduate specialising in their chosen area, to enable you to build practical and relevant skills, getting involved in longer term projects and gaining in depth knowledge of the specific discipline.
In addition to the rotational element of the scheme, graduates will also benefit from opportunities to undertake in voluntary activities, the option to study for professional qualifications and will undertake a series of development modules including leadership, communication, project management, presentations and performance management.
Throughout the programme, you will enjoy a tailored development plan with clear milestones, feedback and formal mentoring from a managing director. You’ll also benefit from a support network of fellow graduates.
Summary of the role
To undertake a course of study and work experience over two years that prepares the graduate for his/her first junior management role with Barratt Developments plc.
What will I be responsible for?
- Following the ‘ASPIRE’ Graduate Development Programme, completing the portfolio evidence as required
- Attending all group development modules and quarterly meetings as per the programme
- Contributing to continuous development within Barratt by undertaking divisional/regional/group projects as agreed with mentor
- Continuing to develop through reviews with your coach and mentor, and undertaking relevant professional qualifications where appropriate
- Contributing towards corporate responsibility objectives by driving volunteering activities in the local area
- Giving continuous and constructive feedback on the ‘ASPIRE’ programme
- Acting as a buddy to new graduates when applicable
What about the benefits package?
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
- Staff discount on house purchase
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programme
- Health and wellbeing toolkit
- My Barratt staff shop (discount and high street vouchers)
In addition, with the My Barratt Benefits scheme, you can sacrifice some of your salary for benefits including the following:
- Buying and selling holiday
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Bupa healthcare cash plan
- Bupa dental plan
- Save as you earn scheme
- Charitable giving
- Gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- Personal accident cover
- Life insurance and critical illness cover
What we are looking for
We’re looking for the right combination of people to help take our business forward. Our graduates are people focused, ambitious and driven individuals who really want to develop into a leadership role.
- Self-confident, articulate, resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A lateral and innovative thinker; sees change as an opportunity and challenge for the business
- Able to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects
- Strong communication skills, the ability to build effective and mutually beneficial working relationships both internally and externally
- Able to rapidly absorb new and complex information with ease and speed to conduct an incisive analysis
- Is passionate about the customer and is a role model of this behaviour to others in the business
- Displays energy and enthusiasm to deliver goals and achievements
- Driven, self-motivated and results driven for self and business
You'll need a 2:2 degree, equivalent or higher qualification; ideally in a subject related to the built environment, particularly if you are applying for a technical or construction role. If you don't have a related degree, you can still apply, but you'll need to demonstrate a passion for the industry and outline your transferrable skills
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 08/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details