As a career choice, teaching can suit a lot of different people. For some it’s about improving pupils’ life chances, for others it’s the desire to share a passion for a subject. Whether you have yet to graduate, have recently graduated or are considering a change of career we recommend you think about teaching and apply for a scholarship from BCS.
Our scholarship scheme not only offers a financial benefit of £28,000 (tax free) but also a package of support and opportunities to help you become the best teacher you possibly can.
- The prestige of being awarded a scholarship from BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
- Access to the Computing at School network
- Access to a mentor to help support you through your ITT course if required
- Access to an online forum within the CAS community set up specifically for scholarship students
- Specific training tailored to your needs and requirements
Since 2013 BCS has been working in partnership with the Department for Education to offer a teaching scholarship aimed at creating the next generation of Computing teachers for our secondary schools. To date, the scheme has proved a great success with more than 1000 applications over the four years it has been running.
- An EU national and you have been a resident in the EU for the past three years.
- A good understanding of computer science
Qualifications and experience requirements
- 2:2 or above in a computer science degree or related subject.
- Have obtained or go on to obtain a place on an ITT course leading to computing/computer science initial QTS at Secondary level in England.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · mathematics · chemical engineering · chemistry · teacher training and education · transport engineering · aerospace engineering · biology and life sciences · planning and surveying · mechanical engineering · music and performing arts · electronic and electrical engineering · engineering management · civil engineering and construction · environmental science and ecology
£28,000 tax free
East Midlands · East of England · London · North East England · North West England · Scotland · South East England · South West England · West Midlands · Yorkshire and the Humber
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 100
Closing date: 30/06/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 15/05/2018