As a career choice, teaching can suit a lot of different people. For some it’s about improving students’ life chances, for others it’s the desire to share a passion for their subject. Whether you have yet to graduate, have recently graduated or are considering a change of career we recommend you think about teaching and apply for a scholarship from BCS.
You’ll have the opportunity to attend free CPD webinars and workshops, access resources to help you in the classroom, and have the support of a coach throughout your training year. You’ll also get two years free BCS Associate membership.
Starting: September 2022.
What we are looking for
- You’ve achieved, or expect to achieve by September 2022, a 2:2 or above in a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related field like mathematics, or engineering.
- You’ve applied, or are applying, for an unsalaried initial teacher training route in England which will lead to qualified teacher status at secondary-school level in computer science or computing starting in September 2022.
- You meet the eligibility criteria for student finance
A degree in computer science or a degree from a related subject (i.e. maths, engineering).
Accepted degree subjects
- aerospace engineering
- computer sciences and information technology
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- up to 120
- East Midlands
- East of England
- North East England
- North West England
- South East England
- South West England
- West Midlands
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- £26k (tax free)
A package of support to help you during your initial teacher training year and beyond
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
Full-time · Part-time
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 July 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 July 2022