You can choose your preferred location during the application stage.
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
The entrepreneurial businesses we work with are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious and high-growth businesses that fuel the economy – and the owners and management teams that lead them.
This is where it all begins
When you work in audit, your work will matter from day one. It’s about solving challenges and delivering high-quality reporting that make sure businesses and organisations can trust the numbers they use to make decisions. It’s varied and it’s challenging. You’ll be part of our High Performing Audit teams, gaining a deep understanding of a huge range of sectors and organisations, as you’re supported and challenged every day to deliver high quality work. That’s why we look for curious and driven people who are ready to learn and take real pride in what they do. It’s an exciting opportunity to learn the business world inside-out and do work that makes a real difference.
What we’re looking for
We want you to thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for the following:
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* -C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
- 9-4 in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
- Ability and commitment to balance study and professional work
- Strong desire to understand our business and achieve your full potential
- Candidates who hold an undergraduate degree are not eligible for this scheme, but are welcome to explore our graduate programmes
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. We’re always looking for ways to invest in and develop our people. That means providing you with an environment where you can grow, learn, and feel respected, at all times.
Why Accountancy at BDO?
Ask anyone what they love about working at BDO and they'll tell you it's the people. We're a friendly and diverse bunch who work hard to achieve the best outcomes and know how to have fun too. We work in an agile way, with a mix of time in the office, at audited entities and from home. We’re prioritising time in the office to really support your development as part of the programme so it’s important to live a commutable distance from the office.
We’re also committed to your wellbeing. Agile working gives you flexibility around how you work to achieve the best quality outcomes for you, your team and the firm. And we offer an extensive range of benefits that cover your lifestyle, protection, money and wellbeing – everything you need to perform at your best in and out of work.
This is where it all begins. Start your career journey with BDO.
Our firm is distinctive and we want to preserve and build on the strengths of our culture and the characteristics that make us both successful and different. We look for people from all kinds of backgrounds who share these same qualities.
The Audit School Leaver Apprenticeship Programme
Our four-year Audit School Leaver Apprenticeship Programme is your opportunity to combine work experience with achieving your professional qualifications. We'll cover your fees and give you the training and support you need to balance your work and studies. Training isn’t just about passing the exams, you’ll learn a range of personal, management and commercial skills that will help you become a fully rounded professional.
We have opportunities in the following Audit teams;
- Not for Profit – Nottingham
- Technology Risk Assurance – Birmingham
- Technology Risk Assurance – London
- London Audit Group – Cambridge
- Audit – Guildford
- Audit - Bristol
- Audit - Nottingham
- Audit - Leeds
- Audit - Reading
- Audit – Birmingham
- Audit - Gatwick
- Audit – Southampton
- Audit – Manchester
- Financial Services Audit – London
- London Audit Group – London
- Public Sector Audit – London
- Business Assurance – Ipswich
- Business Assurance – Norwich
- Not for Profit – Manchester
- Audit - Liverpool
- Business Assurance – Ipswich
- Public Sector Audit (Internal Audit) - Bristol
- Public Sector Audit (Internal Audit) – Birmingham
- Public Sector Audit (Internal Audit) - Southampton
This programme will begin in September 2024
Additional job details
- Southampton · Gatwick
- £22,700 - £24,000
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 March 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26 March 2024