We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
At BDO, we’re committed to building a culture of diversity and belonging. We live in a diverse world and our people should reflect this. We believe everyone deserves an opportunity to explore the roles available at BDO and in accounting more broadly, that is why we run programmes like this for students of black heritage who are currently underrepresented in our industry.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Through our Black Heritage Insight Programme, you’ll complete a three day-long virtual insight experience where you will develop your knowledge of accounting and gain exposure to BDO and our people. This could lead to an offer of a 2024 Summer Internship or a paid role as a university Brand Ambassador. The aim is to foster Black undergraduate talent at BDO so there is the opportunity to secure a graduate role after a Summer Internship with us.
We’ll help you succeed
- The programme will take place from Tuesday 1 August, to Thursday, 3 August 2023.
- It is the perfect opportunity for you to learn more about BDO and the work we do.
- You will gain invaluable knowledge and skills that will set you up for a career and beyond.
- You’ll have the chance to network with inspiring people from our business and take part in sessions that will bring the various roles at BDO to life.
- During the Insight Programme, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop with skill sessions, including professional development and business resilience, that will support you later in life and in your career.
- You may also have the opportunity for face-to-face networking with some of our inspiring people and your peers, helping you build your professional network from day 1.
You’ll benefit from
- Valuable work experience and skills for your future career
- An understanding of how our business works
- Opportunities to learn from and network with our brilliant people
- The chance to fast track your application on for a Summer Internship position in 2024 and/or a paid university Brand Ambassador role.
Ask anyone what they love about working at BDO and they'll tell you it's the people. We're a friendly and diverse bunch who work hard to achieve the best outcomes and know how to have fun too.
We’re committed to your wellbeing, agile working gives you flexibility around how you work to achieve the best quality outcomes for you, your team and the firm. And we offer an extensive range of benefits that cover your lifestyle, protection, money and wellbeing – everything you need to perform at your best in and out of work.
What we are looking for
This programme is primarily aimed at students of Black Heritage who want to know more about careers in accounting.
We’re looking for people in the first year of a three-year course or second year of a four-year course, with:
- A 2:2 degree or higher in any discipline at a UK university (obtained or predicted)
- Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding general studies and extended projects (obtained or predicted)
- 9 to 4 in maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
To get a place on the programme you will need to complete our application form. If you meet our eligibility requirements, you will be invited to complete our online test and video interview. Before completing this we will send you a video with our hints and tips to help you succeed during the final stage of the process.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 4 April 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 4 April 2023