We are looking for exceptional candidates to perform in a challenging actuarial analyst role.
As part of a two year graduate programme the successful candidate will be exposed to all areas of the business, working directly with senior members of the broking and actuarial teams and look to obtain their professional FIA qualification. The role would potentially allow for international exposure and a secondment to a direct broker. There would also be on the job training in analytics and modelling.
- Support senior actuarial staff with data preparation for analysis
- Assist in building databases and reporting tools
- Work with actuarial team to develop stochastic models and perform reinsurance optimisation analyses in order to evaluate and compare different reinsurance pricing and strategies
- Assist in special projects and research efforts of the actuarial team
- Study towards the actuarial qualification (Fellowship of the Institute of Actuaries)
- Acting as a technical resource for Brokers and Account Managers where needed
- Assist with the production of high quality presentations, submissions and documentation
- Develop a detailed understanding of the client’s business, as part of developing tailor-made solutions to assist the Account Handlers
What we are looking for
You will be able to demonstrate a keen interest in insurance and be willing to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a strong client focus and delivering exceptional performance.
- Demonstrable interest in insurance
- Exceptional analytical skills
- First-class interpersonal skills including relationship building and account management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Highly analytical with excellent problem solving
- Strong communications (verbal and written)
- Exceptional time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- The successful candidate will be a mathematics or actuarial degree educated with the ability to work effectively as part of a global business in a dynamic environment.
- Degree education – 2.1 minimum
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 4 June 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 August 2020