Bethany School seeks an energetic, hardworking, flexible person to join our teaching team and boarding community. This is an ideal role for a graduate wishing to embark on a geography teacher training qualification in their second year of contact. Full-time live-in single accommodation and food during term time.
- To provide in class support as a teaching assistant in the first year
- To teach an agreed timetable of key stage lessons and to provide in class support for examination classes in the second year
- To assist with the accompanying of school trips during weekdays and weekends
- Responsible for covering lessons in the event of an emergency
- Evening and weekend duties on a Rota to assist and work alongside the boarding community
- To contribute to the life of the boarding school by helping to organise extracurricular and House events, or in such other ways as will utilise or develop the skills of the Graduate Resident Assistant
- Willingness to assist with extra-curricular activities
- Opportunity to work one-to-one with scholars
A desire to complete a school direct PGCE with QTS through Buckingham University in year two (the post-holder would be responsible for all fees in this regard (although all other associated training costs would be provided by the School).
- Required from September 2018
- Two-year fixed-term contract until August 2020
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Details of the post, including job description and application form, can be obtained on the school website under the ‘Contact Us’ section
Applications close at 12 noon on the closing date.
Interviews are expected to be held the week following the closing date.
Bethany School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo enhanced child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. The appointment will be made without regard to gender, age or ethnic origin. Bethany School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28/06/2018
Additional job details
£12,000 per annum