We’re looking for a Marketing Executive to join the growing Inbound Marketing team and award-winning marketing agency in Histon, Cambridge, UK.
As a member of our bustling, progressive marketing agency you will have access to a broad array of expertise to further build your marketing communications skills.
What you will do
By joining our team, you’ll get a full perspective on working within an integrated marketing agency and the chance to work on life science clients across the globe. Your role would involve a mixture of marketing and communications activities working with clients to manage and execute integrated marketing programmes. You will gain experience and training across the full marketing mix, focussing on inbound marketing. This will include:
- Inbound marketing planning and strategy development
- Social media planning, research and execution
- Website strategy and management
- Brainstorming, briefing and managing creative design projects (e.g. infographics, sales collateral, eBooks etc.)
- Brainstorming, briefing and managing writing projects (blog posts, whitepapers, social posts, eBooks etc.)
- Project management
- Day-to-day client liaison and relationship management
- Tracking programme metrics and reporting
Why choose a role in life science inbound marketing?
Inbound marketing is an evolving approach to marketing communications that places the needs and interests of the customer at the centre of everything we do. It heavily relies on digital tactics like email marketing, social media, blogging, pay per click advertising (e.g. Google Ads, sponsored LinkedIn posts) and high-value content development (e.g. whitepapers, eBooks) to attract and convert customers by delivering information and educational content they will find useful and valuable.
By embarking on a career as an inbound marketer, you will be developing a highly sought-after skill set in modern marketing, working with a team of world-leading life science inbound experts who will be on hand to provide support and training every step of the way.
What we are looking for
This entry-level, full-time role is perfect for someone looking to enter commercial scientific communications.
- Have exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Have exceptional written and spoken English
- Be comfortable conducting daily email and phone communications with clients
- Be a fast learner with a passion for learning
- Have an immaculate eye for detail
- Be a self-starter and strong problem solver
- Have a genuine interest in working within a commercial environment, backed up by experience where possible (e.g. internships, previous job roles)
- Be a confident team player
- Be familiar with the concept of inbound marketing (free training course available here for those keen to dive deeper)
- Have an interest in developing the skills required to become an inbound marketing consultant in the life science sector
- A background in science (BSc, MSc or PhD) and a passion for science marketing and communications is essential.
- Have a life science degree (BSc) e.g. biology, biotechnology, chemistry etc.
- Please note, this is an entry-level role that would suit someone who has graduated from university recently or someone with around one year of experience working in a marketing agency.
Accepted degree subjects
- teacher training and education
- environmental science and ecology
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- biology and life sciences
Additional job details
- Cambridge · (remote options also available)
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 April 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 April 2021