Blackstone’s private equity group offers analysts the chance to engage in the direct acquisition of large and midsized companies in a variety of sectors worldwide. The investment process develops both the financial skills of investment banking and the strategic thinking of management consulting. As a result, this analyst programme offers a unique experience among financial firms, enabling our analysts to develop a well-rounded and fine-tuned business mind.
Analysts at Blackstone have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of projects and be staffed on a number of assignments at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, analysts can assume integral roles on deal teams. Analysts are involved with the development, structuring and financing of transactions and regularly attend internal meetings, negotiations and due diligence sessions.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Financial analysis and modelling
- Investment research
- Competitive analysis
- Assistance in the execution of transactions
- Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
- Communications with portfolio company senior management
Analysts will work on a wide range of transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings, recapitalisations, private placements and leveraged buyouts.
What we are looking for
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, mature and intelligent and have demonstrable excellence in prior endeavours. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to wrie effectively
- Be a collaborative team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Perseverance and stamina
- Contribute to a positive culture
- Show selfless commitment
- Presence and poise
Knowledge of accounting and finance and experience of investment banking are desirable.
To be considered for the 2019 Analyst programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hold an undergraduate or master’s degree or currently enrolled as an undergraduate or masters student
- If currently enrolled, anticipated graduation date: 2019
- CV must include expected graduation month/year and grade and should be in PDF format.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 19/11/2018
Additional job details
|Additional location information||The role will be based at the Blackstone offices at 40 Berkeley Square in London|