Blackstone’s private equity group offers analysts the chance to engage in the direct acquisition of large and midsized companies in a variety of sectors worldwide. The investment process develops both the financial skills of investment banking and the strategic thinking of management consulting. As a result, this analyst programme offers a unique experience among financial firms, enabling our analysts to develop a well-rounded and fine-tuned business mind.
Analysts at Blackstone have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of projects and be staffed on a number of assignments at once. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, analysts can assume integral roles on deal teams. Analysts are involved with the development, structuring and financing of transactions and regularly attend internal meetings, negotiations and due diligence sessions.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- financial analysis and modelling
- investment research
- competitive analysis
- assistance in the execution of transactions
- drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
- communications with portfolio company senior management
Analysts will work on a wide range of transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, restructurings, recapitalisations, private placements and leveraged buyouts.
What we are looking for
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavours. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- strong communication skills
- a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- be a collaborative team player
- excellent attention to detail
- good judgment
- perseverance and stamina
- contribute to a positive culture
- show selfless commitment
- Knowledge of accounting and finance and experience of investment banking are desirable.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or masters student
- Anticipated graduation date: 2020
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 3 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 3 December 2019