Job title: Analyst
Blackstone’s Analyst programme offers a unique experience among financial firms, enabling participants to develop a well-rounded perspective on business and investing. Strategic Partners provides the opportunity to join one of the most active and long-tenured investment teams in the secondary private equity industry.
Analysts will be involved in:
- Extensive valuation analysis and financial modeling of portfolio companies and funds across the leveraged buyout, real estate, infrastructure, venture capital, mezzanine and distressed segments.
- Analysts will gain valuable experience by working on secondary transactions, co-investments, primary commitments and other unique deals.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Financial analysis and modelling
- Investment research
- Competitive analysis
- Assistance in the execution of transactions
- Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
- Communications with portfolio company senior management
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $370 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit Overview:
Strategic Partners Fund Solutions is a leading investor in the secondary market for institutional and private-wealth limited-partner interests in private equity, real estate, venture capital, and other areas. The Strategic Partners team has long-term experience in providing limited partners a range of liquidity solutions on a fair, timely and confidential basis, and has raised over $28 billion in capital commitments since its founding in 2000. Focusing on opportunities in funds globally, Strategic Partners uses its market positioning and substantial knowledge of fund investments to reinforce its already established reputation as a nimble and responsive investor.
Strategic Partners seeks candidates with a common set of abilities – highly motivated and creative individuals who have demonstrated academic achievement, and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. We are looking to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business.
A successful candidate will be:
- A driven individual with a strong sense of personal integrity
- Self-motivated and resourceful; able to multi-task and focus on delivering results
- An enthusiastic team member who collaborates well with others and builds strong working relationships, especially within a small team
- An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- Resilient, flexible, open to feedback and focused on achieving excellence
- Client-focused and committed to developing creative solutions
- Analytical and logical, with raw intellectual ability
- Ability to speak at least one European language a plus
Qualifications and experience requirements
To be considered for the 2018 Analyst programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Anticipated graduation date: 2018
Accepted degree subjects
The role will be based at Blackstone offices at 40 Berkeley Square
How to apply
CV must include expected graduation month/year and grade and should be in PDF format.
MBAs and experienced hires should refer to the associate or experienced hire opportunities listed on our career site.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
We are accepting applications from 3 October 2017 – 30 October 2017.
Closing date: 30/10/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/10/2017