Job title: Analyst
Analysts will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of projects and be staffed on a number of assignments at one time. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, Analysts are able to assume integral roles on deal teams.
Analysts will work closely with the investment team on sourcing, due diligence and executing investment opportunities. This is an opportunity for an extraordinary performer who has already mastered financial analytical and research skills through personal investing, academic work and professional experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with research and conduct research on companies, industries, and asset classes.
- Perform all pertinent financial analyses, including discounted cash flow, comparables, and precedent transactions.
- Work with research to prepare due diligence packs for the investment team, providing relevant, informative materials.
- Conduct interviews with industry experts
- Prepare written summaries and presentation materials for the investment team
- Build detailed operating models on prospective deals
- Draft information memorandum and marketing materials for the investment team
- Provide overall support to investment team
Knowledge of accounting and finance and experience of investment banking/asset management are desirable.
Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $370 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Blackstone Tactical Opportunities Overview
Tactical Opportunities is Blackstone's opportunistic investment platform. The Tactical Opportunities team invests globally across asset classes, industries and geographies, seeking to identify and execute on attractive, differentiated investment opportunities. As part of the strategy, the team leverages the intellectual capital across Blackstone’s various businesses while continuously optimizing its approach in the face of ever-changing market conditions.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavours. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should (have):
- Strong communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Be a collaborative team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Perseverance and stamina
- Contribute to a positive culture
- Presence and poise
Qualifications and experience requirements
To be considered for the 2018 Analyst programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or masters student
- Anticipated graduation date: 2018
We are accepting applications from 2 October 2017 – 29 October 2017.
Accepted degree subjects
The role will be based at Blackstone offices at 40 Berkeley Square
How to apply
CV must include expected graduation month/year and grade and should be in PDF format.
MBAs and experienced hires should refer to the associate or experienced hire opportunities listed on our career site.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
We are accepting applications from 3 October 2017 – 30 October 2017.
Closing date: 30/10/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/10/2017