First impressions can make or break a client's perception of an organisation. This is why our Global Data Analytics role is about more than handling client enquires on Bloomberg's world sought after data.
What’s the role?
In this role, you'll serve on the legendary Bloomberg Analytics Help Desk, which is an integral part of our offering, within our Global Data Department. Our clients have come to rely on the knowledge, expertise, and exceptional service that our Data Analytics Representatives provide as they guide clients on their data related queries and teach them how various enhancements can help in their day-to-day work.
You are on the front-line, working as part of a team to provide Bloomberg customers with accurate and timely answers via our chat system and on phone calls. It's about working together to solve complex issues and building invaluable relationships with clients whilst ensuring that all product groups in the Global Data department are communicated with. You will also play a key role in the team’s initiatives around supporting customers, participating in analyst training. There are opportunities to work with other Global Data teams suggesting ideas to improve overall customer experience.
What's in it for you?
You will take part in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
Joining the Global Data Department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. The data collected provides transparency into the markets and specific securities and will continue to build on the core foundation of our business as we expand our depth and breadth of coverage.
You will develop the product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. As your experience in the team grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on how the Global Data Department can be more efficient and improve the service delivered to our clients by providing faster and more insightful answers. This might be through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership. A typical career path after some time in the Global Data Analytics team would be a move to other product groups in Global Data to enhance your technical and data processing skills.
We will trust you to:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Have excellent verbal and written communication, including strong telephone etiquette
- Multi-task and work well under pressure
- A bachelor degree in finance, economics or related disciplines and/or equivalent work experience
- Excellent people skills as demonstrated through experience in customer service or other client facing roles
- Demonstrated experience working and contributing to a team
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and strong interest in computer programming
- Fluency in English plus a second European language (Italian, Spanish, French, German or Portuguese)
- Availability to start by January 2018
We'd love you to have
- Prior experience/coursework or strong knowledge and understanding of the financial markets
- Keen interest/knowledge of information management/ technology, product development and problem solving
- Prior experience of data research
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills
- Knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 18/03/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 18/03/2018