Indulge your wanderlust and work abroad in an engaging role in a fascinating country, inspiring young children by teaching English culture and language as an au pair in a host family in China. Rather than focusing on traditional childcare roles, you'll experience China and it’s rich culture through full immersion focusing on language skills and knowledge on three or six month programmes.
For one fee your return flights, accommodation, meals and personal expenses and more are covered as well as monthly stipends in return for your time teaching 30 hours a week. As well as the chance to explore this fascinating country on trips with your host family, you'll meet new friends and similar au pair's on a three day orientation programme at the beginning of your journey. This opportunity offers you the chance to expand your horizons both in terms of culture and career prospects.
Teaching English as an au pair is an amazing way to gain a whole range of skills and knowledge in a variety of sectors and learn the most widely spoken language in the world. We provide support in training to teach English as well as an introduction to Mandarin before you even leave.
- Teach children in a host family English informally through games, activities and daily routines
- Become a role model and big sister/brother in the family
- Responsibilities such as taking the child to/from school, helping make dinner occasionally, creating ways for the child to learn English.
- Work 30 hours a week with 1.5 days off a week with free time during the days to explore China.
- Bring your own culture to your Chinese host family and learn more about theirs through daily life
- Make friends for life from across the globe
- Full support from BMC throughout the whole process from application form to flight
- Return flights
- Accommodation and meals
- Travel insurance
- Weekly Mandarin classes with other au pairs
- Cultural courses, training events and social activities with other au pairs
- Support throughout applications and matching
- 24/7 English speaking emergency number in China
- Monthly stipend of 1,500RMB each month
- Completion bonus after six month programme
- Three day orientation course at the beginning of your programme in China
- 50 RMB credit top ups for your SIM and transport card in China when you first arrive
- Exclusive BMC pre-departure package
Not included in programme fee: Visa application, DBS and medical checks. However, BMC can assist with how to apply for these.
Three month programmes are £695, six month programmes are £795. Fill in your application now for openings across the whole year.
- Between 18-29 years old
- English native or fluent
- Looking for a way to experience Chinese culture
- Considering teaching but not sure where to start
- Interested in learning a new language and culture
- Looking for a gap year opportunity where you can work and travel?
- Open-minded, passionate about travel and culture and working with others?
Accepted degree subjects
Return flights, monthly stipends, travel insurance, exclusive BMC pre-departure materials, 24/7 support line
Beijing · Hangzhou · Shanghai · Shenzhen
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: unlimited
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 27/09/2017