We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Plant Oxford is the birthplace and heart of MINI production. Manufactured to individual customer specifications, hundreds of MINIs leave the plant’s assembly lines each day, off to meet new owners in more than 110 countries around the world. Three UK plants have had a part to play in MINI production – Plant Hams Hall makes engines, Plant Swindon produces body pressings and sub-assemblies for MINI, and all this comes together at Plant Oxford with body shell production, paint, and final assembly.
MINI Plant Oxford - Maintenance Planning - 13 Month Placement (July 2023)
We are seeking a driven and motivated individual to join our Maintenance Planning department for a 13 month placement, commencing July 2023. Maintenance Planning are responsible for the strategy behind maintaining our production equipment. Generations of maintenance plans and schedules, based on knowledge and experience, are used to meet the Technical Availability targets of the Technology. Additionally, we are responsible for major repair projects as well as the project management of major overhauls of the production equipment to ensure the longevity of production and the avoidance of obsolescence.
What will you be doing?
- Adapting processes to bring in new digital solutions to improve our business, e.g. “Smart Maintenance” applications.
- Involvement in the development of 3D printing within the department to replace more complex machining tasks.
- Ensuring that spare parts are available when required for maintenance, working alongside the Maintenance Planning, Maintenance, and Material Planning teams.
- Involvement in the SAP system to define, monitor, and improve maintenance processes.
- Assisting with the integration of the new SAP system being launched in August 2023. This will involve aligning processes to the master standard of the BMW Group where required.
- Involvement in the steering of the Central Maintenance department in Body-In-White, responsible for the offline repair of manufacturing equipment in a state of the art automated robotic facility.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £21,000, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract) and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 39 hours a week, with a half day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits – You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Advantages scheme which gives you a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What we are looking for
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical etc.), IT Systems, Business, or a similar field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel.
- An understanding of business intelligence systems and visualisation of data using QLIK and PowerBI is advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to be flexible and agile within a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and manage your time.
- A strong team player with effective communication skills.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- electronic and electrical engineering
- computer sciences and information technology
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Oxford · MINI Plant
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 December 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 December 2022